Essential Oils in PHYTO5 Skincare
– Erich Keller, Aromatherapy Handbook for Beauty, Hair, and Skin Care: A Guide to the Use of Essential Oils for Beauty and Healing
Vital Energy of the Plants Comes Through In Premium-Grade Essential Oils
The vital force of flowers and plants is present and intact to a very large degree in all of PHYTO5 skincare through the use and proprietary blending of essential oils, extracts and flower waters. It's why we call our skincare energetic. It possesses vital energy that is easily and joyously received and efficiently utilized by the skin and body.
The essential oils on department store shelves in most cases are NOT the same high quality grade of essential oil used in PHYTO5 skincare products.
For example, the damask rose essential oil used in many of PHYTO5's Ageless La Cure products is so enormously expensive most other skincare companies will not even consider using it in their product formulations.
The Science of Essential Oil Distillation
The natural chemistry of essential oils is a very narrow and specialized field. The quality and manner of distillation of essential oils vary widely in the cosmetics industry. In order to arrive at the most exacting end-product, PHYTO5 also takes into consideration the species of the flora being distilled to essential oil, its origin, the soil, climate, and year in which the flora was grown.
Essential oils are distilled from plants, flowers, roots, seeds, shrubs or tree parts. Their quality depends both on the raw material and the extraction or distillation process. Overheating in the extraction process can destroy the prized vital properties of the plant fluid.
An enormously large amount of raw material is required to make just one drop of essential oil. For example,
- 2,500 pounds of rose petals are required for one cup of rose essential oil.
- 1,300 pounds of cinnamon are needed to yield barely more than one half cup (about 5 oz.) of cinnamon essential oil.
Potpourri of Enlightening Essential Oil Facts
• Essential oils are derived from the plant's own self-nourishing, protecting and healing fluid.
• Essential oils have nothing to do with oily cooking oils. They are not at all the same and areless apt to go rancid than other oils.
• Essential oils are rich with powerful healing antioxidants. In fact, some essential oils are used as actual antioxidants in natural, holistic products. Premium grade essential oils are vital for any anti-aging regimen.
• Essential oils stimulate blood and lymph circulation so necessary for radiant skin and the defiance of the signs of aging.
• Essential oils can also be quite significant factors in any detoxification program.
• Essential oils elevate the vitality of the body's cells by nourishing them and increasing oxygenation.